Links to External Resources
- American Council for the Blind
- Americans with Disabilities Act official webpage
- Americans with Disabilities Act National Network Disability Law Handbook
- AHEAD– Association on Higher Education And Disability- A professional membership organization that works to secure the development of protective policy, and the provision of quality services, to meet the needs of persons with disabilities in postsecondary education.
- College Autism Spectrum- Independent Organization of Professionals whose purpose is to assist students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and their families.
- Deaf Linx- A resources for information on deafness, deaf culture, American Sign Language (ASL) and other related topics.
- Disability Language and Empowerment- Syracuse University provides responses to questions regarding how to best communicate about disabilities.
- Khan Academy- Provides over 3,000 free tutoring videos on a vast array of subjects and skills.
- Learning Ally- Organization dedicated to bringing parents, teachers and the community together to empower dyslexic, blind, or visually impaired students to succeed.
- Office of Civil Rights
- PEPNet- Organization that is advancing educational opportunities for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- US Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP)- For college students with disabilities, the WRP is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, and is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
- The National Center for Learning Disabilities sponsors four scholarships each year. See their webpage for more information.