Mount Ida warmly welcomes college transfer students looking to complete their degrees with us. We work hard to attract talented students through our strategic partnerships and articulation agreements with community colleges in the U.S. and abroad. Our admissions team also strives to ensure your admissions process is hassle-free.\
Transfer credit policies
We do our best to approve as many eligible transfer credits as possible. In addition to your transfer credits, you’ll complete a minimum of 30 college credits here to earn your Mount Ida degree. Mount Ida College recognizes transfer credits that meet the following criteria:
- College-level courses completed at colleges or universities with regional accreditation
- Courses appropriate to your chosen college degree program
- Courses similar in academic content and depth as those required at Mount Ida
- Courses completed with a C grade (2.0) or higher
- Courses completed fewer than seven years ago, in most cases
Other Notes on Transfer Credits
- Appropriate faculty and staff review student portfolios to assess studio coursework.
- Mount Ida also recognizes eligible transfer credits, appropriate to your chosen major, from Advanced Placement Program (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- Mount Ida’s Office of Academic Affairs approves college transfer credit for life experience on an individual basis. Your admissions counselor can help you with this process.
- Some degree programs set additional transfer credit policies. Look for full details inside the official Mount Ida College Catalog.
Please reach out to our transfer coordinator Ken Scupp in order to discuss transferring to Mount Ida and find out more information on transferring credits. Questions can be directed to the transfer student admission team at (617) 928-4553 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a transfer student, you greatly benefit from the transfer credit relationships — known as articulation agreements, Mount Ida College maintains transfer/articulation agreements with many two-year colleges, community colleges, and other international schools. Starting your college career at one of these partner schools and finishing your degree program at Mount Ida streamlines your transfer of credits.
These relationships simplify and maximize the transfer credit process. They are examples of the greater role Mount Ida plays in the academic community. No matter when in your college career you choose to transfer to Mount Ida, we are here to help you achieve your goals.
Mount Ida College is in the process of developing new articulation agreements with all partner institutions, with the goal to provide the best possible service to students in being able to transfer credits in. Please visit this page again soon for a refreshed list of articulation agreements. Note, you do not need an existing articulation agreement to transfer college credits into Mount Ida College, as our team does everything we can to maximize your allowable transfer credits.
Please reach out to our transfer coordinator Ken Scupp in order to discuss transferring to Mount Ida and find out more information on our articulation agreements. Questions can be directed to the transfer student admission team at (617) 928-4553 or at email@example.com.