Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
Students must complete six courses, including four required art courses and two art electives, for a total of 18 credits for the Studio Art Minor.
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Studio Art Minor program in our College Catalog.
Total credit requirements: 18 credits
Required courses (12 credits):
- AR 102 – Basic Drawing Skills (3 credits)
- AR 109 – Color Theory (3 credits)
- AR 112 – Two- and Three-Dimensional Design (3 credits)
- AR 231 – History of Art I (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits):
Choose two of the following courses (all 3 credits):
- AR 107 – Drawing Concepts
- AR 111 – Anatomy and Figure Drawing
- AR 104 – Introduction to Digital Photography
- AR 232 – History of Art II
- AR 433 – History of Modern and Contemporary Art
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Design
Merge technical skills with creative thinking to solve modern design challenges in web, animation, photography, game art, interior architecture + design, fashion, graphic design and related visual arts.