Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Sociology minor program in our College Catalog.
Students must complete six courses (18 credits) for the Sociology Minor. A minimum grade of C- or higher is required in program-specific courses (courses with the designation of SO) in this minor.
Total credit requirements: 18 credits
Required courses (3 credits):
- SO 101 – Introduction to Sociology
Electives (15 credits):
Five additional sociology courses, including at least three above the 200 level:
- SO 118- Social Problems
- SO 202 – Cultural Competence
- SO 203 – Sociology of Deviance
- SO 209 – Race and Ethnic Relations
- SO 214 – Sociology of the Family
- SO 302 – Social Inequality
- SO 304 – Sociology of Gender
- SO 355 – Social Issues in Global Perspective
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Social Sciences and Humanities
Merge technical skills with creative thinking to solve modern design challenges in web, animation, photography, game art, interior architecture + design, fashion, graphic design and related visual arts.