Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
A minor in Political Science will provide students with a broad foundation in political science through three required courses and the opportunity to gain deeper knowledge in political science subject areas through a choice of related electives.
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Political Science minor program in our College Catalog.
Total credit requirements: 18 credits.
Required Courses (9 credits):
- PO 102 – American Government
- PO 210 – Comparative Politics
- PO 220 – International Relations
Electives (9 credits):
- Three other Political Science Courses EXCLUDING PO 104 Public Administration; two of the three electives must be at the 300 level or above. Choose from the following list:
- PO 203 – State and Local Government
- PO 310 – Political Theory
- PO 312 – Public Policy
- PO 314 – Urban Politics
- PO 410 – Independent Study in Political Science
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Social Sciences and Humanities
Merge technical skills with creative thinking to solve modern design challenges in web, animation, photography, game art, interior architecture + design, fashion, graphic design and related visual arts.