Your home away from home
Your Mount Ida professors and staff understand that you’ve taken a big step by studying so far from home and are eager to help you as you begin your career-focused major. Our friendly and inclusive student community also appreciates the diversity you bring to our college campus. Together, we want you to feel comfortable and welcome.
We know that you will find our small, diverse community and private New England college campus the perfect place to pursue your college degree. As a part of your adjustment process, our Center for Global Connections will be available to you as your one-stop source for everything you need to transition smoothly from your home country to college and into American life on our campus near Boston.
The Center for Global Connections will provide you the guidance and answers you need on these topics and more:
- Legal rules and paperwork for international students studying in the United States
- Academic tutoring or counseling, as needed
- Housing and roommate options
- Activities and events to help you settle in and make friends at Mount Ida
- Day-to-day needs, including banking, cell phones, Internet access, etc.
- Cultural adjustment to American life and expectations
- Healthcare or help in a medical emergency
For more details on the settling in process, we encourage you to review our Mount Ida International Student Handbook and contact the Center for Global Connections Director Robin Melavalin with questions at (617) 928-4624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.