Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
The Graphic Design Minor consists of four required courses and two electives. Non-design school majors must take AR 112 before taking any of the Graphic Design courses and one more elective.
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Graphic Design minor program in our College Catalog.
Total credit requirements: 18 credits.
Required courses (12 credits):
- GD 101 – Design Solutions I (3 credits)
- GD 102 – Design Solutions II (3 credits)
- GD 201 – Design Solutions III (3 credits)
- GD 203 – Typography Studio I (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits):
Select two (2) of the following electives: (6 Credits)
- AR 112 – Two- and Three-Dimensional Design (3 credits)
- GD 210 – Computer Imaging Techniques (3 credits)
- GD 304 – Typography Studio II (3 credits)
- GD 314 – Publication Design I (3 credits)
- GD 324 – Publication Design II (3 credits)
- GD 325 – Vector Graphics (3 credits)
- GD 333 – Advanced Imaging Techniques (3 credits)
- GD 334 – Survey of Graphic Design (3 credits)
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Design
Merge technical skills with creative thinking to solve modern design challenges in web, animation, photography, game art, interior architecture + design, fashion, graphic design and related visual arts.