Download the necessary forms below.
Mail forms to:
Mount Ida College
Attention: Denise Tetreault RDH
777 Dedham St
Newton, MA 02459
Or email them to: email@example.com
Tuition for the January 2017 session is $1450, which includes free parking and lunch and snack each of the four days you’ll be on Mount Ida’s campus for local dental anesthesia classes and clinical coursework. Binder of lecture summaries and hand outs will be supplied.
Partial refunds are available, if you withdraw before classes begin. Those withdrawing within two weeks of the first class meeting will have a penalty of $500 withheld.
Program requirements – dental hygienist local anesthesia training certification
Mount Ida’s ADA accredited dental hygienist local anesthesia training certification program includes:
- An online pre-course, including timed quizzes that will be retaken until you achieve a 100-percent score
- Most participants can complete the online portion in a few days.
- Two days of coursework on our campus in Newton, Massachusetts presented by experienced Mount Ida faculty
- Two days of hands-on clinical training at our state-of-the-art, on-campus dental clinic, low faculty-student ratio
- Upon completion of the clinical component, you will take an online practice test on your own in preparation for taking the CDCA exam.
Through small-group clinical instruction and individual clinical practice, you’ll study these practical and career-focused local dental anesthesia topics:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pharmacology of local anesthetics and adjunctive medicines
- Indications and contraindications
- Drug selection
- Local dental anesthesia instruments and techniques
- Emergency prevention and management
- Local anesthesia regulatory issues
- Record keeping
Required dental hygienist local anesthesia materials
You’ll need to purchase and use the following materials:
- Textbook: Malamed, SF; Handbook of Local Anesthesia, Ed. 6, Elsevier / Mosby, St. Louis; ISBN 9870323074124
Order your textbook online through Mount Ida’s Book Store
Order from Mount Ida’s Book Store in Shaw Hall, (617) 964-7898
- Suitable clinical attire, safety glasses
- Dental syringes are available for advance purchase through the Dental Clinic at Mount Ida
If you have questions, please contact us at (617) 928-7360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org