Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Biology minor program in our College Catalog.
Total credit requirements: 22-24 credits.
Required courses (12 credits):
- BI 107 – Biology of Cells (Lecture) (3 credits)
- BI 107 – Biology of Cells (Lab) (1 credit)
- BI 108 –Biology of Organisms (Lecture) (3 credits)
- BI 108 – Biology of Organisms (Lab) (1 credit)
- Either BI 140 – Anatomy and Physiology I 0r BI 141 – Anatomy and Physiology II (each 4 credits)
Electives (10-12 credits):
Choose three courses at the 200 to 400 level:
- BI 310 – General Zoology (4 credits)
- BI 235 – Microbiology Fundamentals (4 credits)
- BI 301 – Plant Biology (4 credits)
- BI 210 – Ecology and Evolution (3 credits)
- BI 303 – Computational Biology (4 credits)
- BI 340 – Genetics (3 credits)
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Applied Sciences
Apply practical skills and research techniques in a laboratory setting while working toward a career in biological, medical, forensic or related scientific fields.