Minors Can Broaden Your Academic Experience
The Art/Design Minor is a minor for non-design majors. It consists of the following courses (18 credits).
For details about the curriculum, the complete course listing, specific program requirements and expected learning outcomes please refer to the Art and Design History minor program in our College Catalog.
Total credit requirements: 18 credits.
Required courses (12 credits):
- AR 231 – History of Art I (3 credits)
- AR 232 – History of Art II (3 credits)
- AR 433 – History of Modern and Contemporary Art (3 credits)
- Either IA 306 – History of Architecture or IA 310 – History of Furniture and Interiors (each 3 credits)
Electives (6 credits):
Choose any two of the following courses (all 3 credits):
- AR 310 – The Art of African Cultures
- FI 104 – History of Fashion
- GD 334 – Survey of Graphic Design
As well-respected in their industries as they are in the classroom, Mount Ida’s instructors will expand your practical knowledge, challenge your thinking, and empower you to reach your potential.
The School of Design
Merge technical skills with creative thinking to solve modern design challenges in web, animation, photography, game art, interior architecture + design, fashion, graphic design and related visual arts.